On October 22nd Vote for Karlene Nation
Honesty, Integrity, Trustworthy
I am proud to run for Toronto City Councillor in Ward 20. I’ve lived in our community for twenty years. I’m familiar with all of the issues and challenges in our community.
I am passionate about this ward and will work hard to represent the concerns of residents. I will be a strong voice for Ward 20 residents and get your issues on the agenda at city hall.
Key issues for residents are:
- Community safety initiatives/enhanced security for neighborhoods
- Community policing and calls for more security cameras
- Pro-business — more support for local businesses
- Support for entrepreneurs and innovators
- Call for changes to the King Street Pilot Project to help businesses
- Create more jobs and apprenticeship programs for youth
- More affordable and accessible housing and more Co-op housing
- Improved transit service in the community
- Greater fiscal accountability and transparency at city hall
Karlene Nation is the founder of a Toronto-based media and communications company. Her company helps small businesses and not-for-profit organizations to get media coverage. Karlene worked in broadcast news for twenty-three-years as a reporter and producer.
She was the first journalist appointed to the position of Diversity Producer in a Canadian newsroom. She helped to increase coverage of Canadians of all ethnic, gender backgrounds in local and national news programs. She is a strong advocate for people with disabilities.